As you can tell by the title above; I will be sharing my top 10 diet and weight loss secrets. A lot of people say weight loss is 80% of what you eat, which is 100% true in my opinion. Its the month of February in 2012 and I bet you haven't started your "healthy new years resolution". All of the tips I am offering you helped me get lean and stay lean. If you have any questions or suggestions just comment below.
1. Eat Clean, Eating clean is most important when trying to see rapid results. I know the words "eat clean" can turn a lot of people off but its the best way to stay healthy and shred those pounds.
I use to be a huge calorie counter, which stressed my out a lot. When I started eating clean I didn't have to worry about counting calories because everything was fresh and guilt free.
Some examples of clean eating would be fresh fruits and vegetables and leafy greens.
2. Water, this tip is self explanatory, Your body is estimated to be about 60 to 70 percent water. If you toss the soda and start drinking water, your most likely to lose 5lbs-10lbs. Water can also be used as a diuretic to lose water weight. To know how much water you need to drink use the hydration calculator. "When your pee is lighter you know your drinking enough water"
3. PVF, short for protein, vegetables, and fruit. If you do this with every meal you eat, you will BURN FAT. This applies to breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.
4. Research, Before you buy any food you should research it and look up the reviews. There are a lot of false products that claim they're all natural or low fat. Anything you buy that says low fat is almost equivalent to the original product
5. No sugar, salt, or butter. Through out these two months I haven't eaten salt, sugar, and butter. Of course some things have salt that I cant control, for instance low sodium chicken stalk. Besides that, salt is no where in sight in my diet. anything over 100mg of salt is the danger zone! Sugar can be easily replaced with Stevia or Truvia. The only thing I eat that may have sugar would be my Luna bars (protein bars in general) and my back to nature nut mix.
Personally butter is nasty, I replace butter with olive oil for everything I cook, like eggs.
6. Home made, To make sure your eating healthy you should home make everything you eat. I push this rule a lot. Of course there's some things you cant make on your own but you know what goes in your food and you can control it. I cook everything I eat, that doesn't mean I slave over the stove for every meal.
7. PORTION SIZE, Measure all your food by serving size. If the box says 1/4 cup of brown rice per serving, then you eat 1/4 cup of rice. your meat should be the size of your hand and your vegetable should be to hand full.
8. Recipes, Having fun with different recipes make dieting fun. You can put your own spin on it and share it with your family. My family love all the food I make and they don't even know its all vegetables and organic food. Some fun recipes that I love are vegetable lasagna, spinach chicken wraps, and tortilla soup. (side note) "I'm only 17 years old, so if I love it I know your kids should love it also"
9. Bulk up a weak meal, Although Lean cuisine is amazing, they still can leave me hungry. So my trick is to bulk up my meal with vegetables like broccoli, spinach, or onions. it makes you feel like your eating a lot. Plus its guilt free.
10. Snacking, This can make or break your diet. I'm not a big snacker but when I have a craving I cure it with apples or protein bars. Green apples are healthier than red apples and they're only 52 calories. A apple makes your digestive works harder which means it will break down your food aster. Protein bars are a great snack, there's many flavors and brands. For women I recommend the Luna bar because it specially meats the needs of a women. Nuts are also a good alternative but you can get carried away with the amount you eat.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Thursday, February 16, 2012
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Plus One Travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero and Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin
I recently purchased the Vegan Urban Decay palette a week ago. There's 6 pigmented eye shadow's for a value of $34. Sadly Urban Decay does not carry this product anymore (I think)but you can get it from eBay, Amazon, blog sale, etc. Being the smart shopper I am, I purchased mine from eBay for a total of $14, and that was with shipping :)Whenever there's a product that's not on Urban Decays website, you can always find it for a cheaper price on eBay.